THOMAS & FRIENDS™ ORIGIN JAMES w/Moving Eyes - HO Scale. James is the No. 5 engine. He arrived on the North Western Railway sometime before Thomas' arrival and after Gordon, and was originally painted black, as seen here. He is a medium-sized engine whose six driving wheels are not as big as Gordon's but not as small as Thomas'. Occasionally this leads to misguided ideas about the sort of work suitable for such a distinguished engine, invariably landing James in trouble. James is a mixed-traffic engine, which means he can pull both passenger coaches and freight cars. James is based on a Hughes Class 28 superheated 2-6-0 tender engine. Bachmann carefully reproduces your favorite Thomas & Friends™ characters in HO scale. All locomotives feature realistic faces with moving eyes, operating HO scale electric drive mechanisms, highly detailed plastic body shells, all-metal wheels, and international-style hook-and-loop couplers.
Build your Thomas & Friends™ collection, one friend at a time!
- Operating HO scale electric locomotive
- Featuring detailed character face with moving eyes and realistic body shell
- All-metal wheels with factory-installed international-style hook-and-loop couplers
- Performs best on 18" radius curves or greater
- Runs on Bachmann HO scale E-Z Track®, and is compatible with all popular brands of HO scale track
- Product Measurements: Length 7 in., Width 1.25 in., Height 2.25 in.
- Retail Package Measurements: Length 9 in., Width 1.8 in., Height 7.2 in.
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 22 December, 2021.