Along with the financial devastation of the Great Depression, the Rio Grande Southern faced natural disaster as well when a mudslide cut the railroad into two pieces. A divided line severely reduced rail traffic, and the struggle to remain financially solvent in the face of these difficulties inspired the RGS to develop Motor Car #1, a cost-effective solution to severely reduced passenger and freight traffic. Based on the replica of Rio Grande Southern Motor #1 that resides in Colorado’s Ridgeway Railroad Museum, our large scale Rail Truck brings whimsy and realism to narrow gauge modeling.
• DCC ready with connection points for installation of 6- or 8-wire harness decoder
• powered by realistic drive-shaft
• die-cast frame, bed, and hood
• LED headlights and rear marker light
• full interior with seats and instrument panel
This model performs best on 4' diameter curves or greater.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 August, 2016.