This groundbreaking Large Scale C-19 2-8-0 model has many advanced features not offered by any other manufacturer of model trains, including:
• powerful precision-balanced can motor connected to an all-metal gearbox and gears with appropriate gearreduction combine to create an eight-wheel drive system
with superior performance at realistic speeds
• equalized locomotive suspension system to provide super-smooth operation on uneven track
• electrical pickup from all drive wheels and both tender trucks
• advanced nonproprietary plug-and-play electronic printed circuit board to accommodate the control systems of your choice, including DC power, NMRA/NEM DCC, and/or RC operation
• choose track or battery power pickup, operation according to NMRA or Large Scale railroading practices,and motor power on/off
• choose either DCC or DC operation of the smoke unit,
cab lights, realistic firebox flicker and ash pan glow, and classification lights • two optical sensors, one in each cylinder, give you the option of adjusting the timing and count of steam chuffs
• factory-installed speaker, with wire pigtail, for easy installation of optional aftermarket sound system*
• constant lighting of the LED headlight, classification lights, and cab light using soft white LED technology
• Johnson bar is connected to the fully adjustable inside Stephenson valve gear by a scale reach bar for reversing linkage that operates per prototype
• accurately reflects all the details found on the prototype road number modeled
* Separate-sale DCC decoder with prototypical sound available from SoundTraxx® (www.soundtraxx.com)
This model performs best on 8' diameter curves or greater.
This product was added to our catalog on Monday 01 August, 2016.