From the detailed underframe to the sprung buffers to the plated interior tanks and piping, Lionel General American Milk Cars have raised the bar for O gauge rolling stock. Each of the previous released liveries is now available in two new road numbers. Built in the early 1900s, milk cars frequently ran along passenger routes to get their perishable cargo to market as quickly as possible. The wooden milk cars were a fixture on many railroads until the 1950s.
- Die-cast metal passenger-style sprung trucks and operating couplers with hidden uncoupling tab
- Die-cast metal sprung buffers
- Opening doors
- Removable roof
- Plated interior milk tanks and piping
- Metal brake lever and brake chain
- Separately applied metal details
- Rail Line: Dairymen's League
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- Brand: Lionel
- Min Curve: O-31
- Dimensions: Length: 11 3/4"
- Most Recent Catalog: Classic Trains Vol. 2 2003
This product was added to our catalog on Saturday 28 October, 2017.